Welcome to the National Rifle League forum where our community can share ideas, thoughts, and buy and sell items with like minded individuals.  Although individuals can see the content on this page it is limited to our members to be able to post here. If you would like to become a member please visit us on our Membership page..

A couple of things to be aware of…

• This forum has a ZERO tolerance for any kind of bullying! If you act like a bully you will be banned.
  • All items for sale are the responsibility of the person posting the item. The NRL has no responsibility. If you are selling a firearm make sure that you comply with all state and federal laws.
  • This forum is dedicated to long range precision sports and should stay focused on that market of our industry.

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The "Perfect" NRL22 Base Scope

What would you consider to be the "perfect" scope for base division in NRL22? Any scope that has to be less then $700, what features would you want on it? FFP? Minimum zoom? Maximum zoom? Mil/MOA? Is there a scope a scope that has an MSRP of less then $700 out there today that you think stands head and shoulders above the rest? Interested to see anyones opinion on the matter. I think a scope close to being perfect is the Nikon Black X1000 6-24X50. Only thing holding it back is it being SFP.

I know this post is near 3 months old, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide the same thing and all I can come up with is the SWFA Super Sniper 3-15x.  FFP, Mil-quad reticle, target turrets, side focus, 6m-infinity paralax adjustment, and if the glass is as good as the fixed 10x I have from them, then I think it would be hard to beat.  $699.95

https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html

Thanks for the response, after the first few months I just stopped checking, I  just looked today out of curiosity. That scope does look good though I ended up going with something different.

For posterity, I went with the Lucid 4.5 -18X44 optic (link at bottom of post). MSRP of $659, but its on sale on amazon for $539. I bought it and an Athlon scope, used both in a shooting session and ended up returning the Athlon. The lucid edged out the Athlon in glass clarity, the Athlon by far had a better reticle though (honestly they were so close in build quality overall I wouldn't be surprised if they're manufactured at the same place just to different specs). I will say I see alot of competitors start out in Base class, then buy a stock, barrel or trigger for the same gun and kick themselves into open, while still using the same 3-9 scope they had in base. I really think this is a mistake and your better served by putting money into your optic first, even if your in open. Just my 2 cents

http://www.mylucidgear.com/MLX.php