About The NATIONAL RIFLE LEAGUE
NRL is the premier precision rifle advocacy & support organization.
We are a non-profit engine of impacts that empowers organizations and athletes in precision rifle by providing education and opportunities for growth.
Precision rifle shooting has exponentially grown over the past few years with NRL at its forefront and we look to lead the way into the future for everyone wanting to participate in this sport.
It is the goal of the NRL to help produce the best long range precision matches in the nation. Through our alliances with match directors we have developed a method to produce better matches with less confusion for a superior experience.
For the 2019 Season we currently have 2-day national-level matches being held in:
- Arizona – AXISWORKS LONG RANGE CHALLENGE | Feb. 16-17
- Texas – RIFLES ONLY | Feb. 23-24
- Nebraska – BIG HORN STEEL CLASSIC | Mar. 9-10
- Idaho – PRSID GEM STATE STANDOFF | Mar. 23-24
- Oklahoma – SILENT NIGHT | Apr. 6-7
- South Dakota – S.DAKOTA STEEL CLASSIC | Apr. 27-28
- Washington – JC STEEL TARGET CHALLENGE | May 4-5
- Nebraska – PRAIRIE ROCK SHOOT OUT | May 18-19
- Iowa – THE IOWA RAMPAGE | May 31-Jun. 2
- Utah – DOG VALLEY PRECISION CHALLENGE | Jun. 8-9
- New Mexico – NEW MEXICO SMITH RANCH SHOOTOUT | Jun. 22-23
- Kentucky – THE REVOLUTION AT ROCK CASTLE | Jun. 29-30
- Colorado – MILE HIGH SHOOTOUT | Jul. 13-14
- Oklahoma – HEAT STROKE | Jul. 20-21
- Washington – ROCK LAKE NRL STEEL CHALLENGE | Aug 30 – Sept 1
- Wyoming – MONSTER LAKE MAYHEM | Sept. 27-28
- California – WEST COAST SHOWDOWN | Oct. 19-20
- Texas – 2019 NRL CHAMPIONSHIP | Dec. 7-8
The competitors in our sport come from all walks of life, from doctors to farmers, students to retired military. It is this diversity that makes our sport so unique. It is a goal for the NRL to help develop and foster these relationships through specialized mentor programs and opportunities.
This mentor can be a buddy, or whoever you would like. Much like an exercise partner, your shooting mentor can guide you and keep you motivated. Try to shoot together, push each other to get better, train with each other, and have fun together. That’s what it’s all about! – Jake Vibbert.
The key to the future is the continued education of new shooters. Whether you are brand new to shooting or just new to shooting precision rifles the NRL wants to help teach you the proper safety, fundamentals, and skill set to make you a proficient marksman.
Through specialized licensed training with the NRL or one of our alliances with credible academies and trainers nationwide let us help get you started with the proper training.